Broccoli - Organic - 1 lb (2 medium or 1 large heads with stems)
- Is a good carb
- Is high in fiber
- Rich source of vitamins, minerals & antioxidants including:
- Vitamin A, B6, B12, C, D, E & K
- Calcium, iron, phosphorous, zinc, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate
- Contains plant-based omega-3 fatty acids called alpha-linolenic acid (ALAs) - linked to anti-inflammation and improved circulation
- Contains sulforaphane - a sulfur compound that may help with certain health conditions such as diabetes, cancer, osteoarthritis, schizophrenia
Use: all broccoli parts are edible - florets, stems & leaves. Chopped raw broccoli florets used as salad toppings, or you can simply munch on raw broccoli as a crunchy and healthy snack. Broccoli can be lightly steamed or roasted with garlic. You can also make broccoli cauliflower rice, broccoli fritters, many salads, creamy soups, and more.
Storage: the best to store broccoli unwashed in loose or perforated bags in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. Only wash broccoli right before eating it, as wet broccoli can develop mold and become limp.
Vendor: Various Organic Farms in Fraser Valley, BC.